MVP Tejada comes through as predicted
Originally Published: July 12, 2005By Jerry Crasnick | ESPN.com
DETROIT -- In separate interviews before Tuesday night's All-Star Game, Baltimore second baseman Brian Roberts and closer B.J. Ryan both predicted that their teammate, Miguel Tejada, was destined to stand apart from the crowd. They refrained from anointing him as the Most Valuable Player-in-waiting. But just barely.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Baltimore Orioles Dawn Cadet Orange Adjustable Hat