Betting the South Region
Picking ATS winners for every game in the South Region
- Peter G. Aiken/Getty ImagesJeff Withey and the Jayhawks can cruise past a No. 16 seed, but can they cover by 20 points?
I'm taking a page from my colleague Dave Tuley's excellent betting previews of the West and Midwest Regions that were posted on ESPN Insider on Tuesday and taking a look at the East and South regions from a gambling slant today.
While I'll offer a pick on every game, like Dave I'll mark my best bets with an asterisk, so you'll know what games I'll be betting (or have already bet) with my own money here in Vegas.
Here's my breakdown for the South Region:
SOUTH REGIONAL (in bracket order)
No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks versus No. 16 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
Vegas consensus line: Kansas minus-20
To read all of Ted Sevransky's advice on how to bet the South Region, plus to get access to all of Insider's gambling content, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
IT'S TIME TO DANCE
A week ago, we thought we had answers. Then March Madness took its glorious and wild turns. Myron Medcalf: Sweet 16 field laughs »
HOW SWEET IT IS