Preview: Florida State Seminoles
Seminoles will improve, but don't expect to see it in the win column
- Melina Vastola/USA TODAY SportsOkaro White could be a force for Florida State if he limits fouls and is more productive on the boards.
2012-13: 18-16 (9-9 ACC)
In-conference offense: 0.98 points per possession (8th)
In-conference defense: 1.08 points allowed per possession (10th)
What you saw from Florida State in 2012-13 was truly amazing. To go .500 in conference play while being outscored by 0.10 points per possession is … remarkable? Unheard of? Not to be believed? Yes, yes and yes. An incredible eight of the Seminoles' nine conference wins last season came by single digits, as FSU fans came to expect heroics in the final seconds from Michael Snaer (who has since graduated).
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on Florida State, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.