Preview: Duke Blue Devils
Key transfer, star freshman could push Blue Devils to the top
- AP Photo/Charles Rex ArbogastFreshman forward Jabari Parker should immediately thrive in the post for Duke this season.
2012-13: 30-6 (14-4 ACC)
In-conference offense: 1.14 points per possession (1st)
In-conference defense: 0.99 points allowed per possession (5th)
Fans in Durham are accustomed to seeing highly efficient offense, naturally, but even by the lofty standards Mike Krzyzewski's program maintains, last season stood out. In ACC play, this was the most accurate group of shooters from the field that Duke has seen since the 2005-06 team led by J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams.
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on Duke, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.