2013-14 Preview: Virginia Cavaliers
Cavaliers, with much of last season's rotation back, are contenders in '13-14
- AP Photo/David StlukaVirginia coach Tony Bennett will count on senior guard Joe Harris for nightly production this season.
2012-13: 23-12 (11-7 ACC)
In-conference offense: 1.05 points per possession (4th)
In-conference defense: 0.94 points allowed per possession (2nd)
Virginia recorded a perfect 9-0 record at home in ACC play, a run that included victories over eventual NCAA tournament teams Duke, North Carolina and NC State. If ACC regular-season champion Miami had been scheduled for a visit to Charlottesville, Va., last season, who knows, maybe the conference race would have been even more interesting.
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on Virginia, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.