Preview: North Carolina Tar Heels
Tar Heels once again have the talent, experience to contend in ACC
- AP Photo/JIm R. BoundsP.J. Hairston, UNC's leading scorer last season, could miss time due to off-the-court problems.
2012-13: 25-11 (12-6 ACC)
In-conference offense: 1.04 points per possession (5th)
In-conference defense: 0.98 points allowed per possession (3rd)
Roy Williams is known for playing a certain style, one characterized by a fast tempo, offensive rebounds, exceptionally tall front lines and shooting a lot of free throws, to name but a few hearty perennials.
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on North Carolina, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.