Preview: La Salle Explorers
Can the Explorers make it to another Sweet 16?
- Jamie Squire/Getty ImagesTyrone Garland, who averaged 13.1 points off the bench last season, will be a focal point in 2013-14.
2012-13: 24-10 (11-5 A-10)
In-conference offense: 1.08 points per possession (5th)
In-conference defense: 0.99 points allowed per possession (4th)
It's amazing how much eight days can mean to a program's outlook. In mid-March, La Salle was staring at a First Four game and low expectations. Just over a week later, the Explorers were battling Wichita State in the Sweet 16. And now, with nearly every key member back from that squad, La Salle basketball is in the midst of a renaissance. The Explorers also come into this season with a legit shot to win the A-10 title.
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on La Salle, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.