Preview: George Mason Patriots
Even with experienced roster, Patriots face a big step up
- Kim Klement/USA TODAY SportsPoint guard Corey Edwards, left, could be the key for Paul Hewitt and George Mason this season.
2012: 22-16 (10-8 CAA)
In-conference offense: 1.06 points per possession (5th in CAA)
In-conference defense: 1.02 points allowed per possession (5th in CAA)
If you're going to step up to a stronger conference, continuity helps. So Paul Hewitt has to be thankful for George Mason's timing. As his Patriots head into the A-10, they do so with their top six players from a season ago. However, it remains to be seen if that group makes the team any better than the 22-16 squad that lost in the finals of the CBI.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.