Preview: Florida Gulf Coast Eagles
Led by a new coach, FGCU will battle for the conference crown once again
- Howard Smith/USA TODAY SportsJunior point guard Brett Comer is a dazzling playmaker, but he's turnover-prone.
2012-13: 26-11 (13-5)
In-conference offense: 1.07 points per possession (2nd)
In-conference defense: 0.96 points per possession (2nd)
Florida Gulf Coast presented itself to the world last March by doing things college basketball had never seen before. Not just because the Eagles were the first No. 15 seed to advance to the Sweet 16, but because FGCU looked nothing like Cinderellas of the past. "Dunk City" refused to slow the tempo and instead looked for every fast break opportunity possible.
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on Florida Gulf Coast, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- McDermott among Wooden Award finalists
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.