Preview: Canisius Golden Griffins
Golden Griffins a conference contender thanks to experienced backcourt
- AP Photo/Al BehrmanJim Baron's team will be led by his son Billy, who averaged 17.2 points per game in '12-13.
2012-13: 20-14 (11-7 MAAC)
In-conference offense: 1.07 points per possession (2nd)
In-conference defense: 1.01 points per possession (6th)
It's full steam ahead at Canisius, where Jim Baron will continue to mold one of the most talented rosters in the MAAC into a conference title contender. Even though the Griffs lost all-conference guard Harold Washington, there should be more than enough firepower to compete for a league title in Baron's second season on the bench in Buffalo, N.Y.
To read the complete 2013-14 preview article on Canisius, plus gain access to previews for every Division I college basketball team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2013-14 Insider College Hoops Preview
In the lead-up to the 2013-14 college basketball season, Insider is providing preview articles on every Division I team, as well as essays from Insider's analysts and experts.