Signs of a Pac-12 revival
Led by Arizona, the conference looks like a multibid league for 2013-14
- Casey Sapio/USA TODAY SportsNick Johnson and the Arizona Wildcats are the clear favorite to win the Pac-12 crown.
The Pac-12 put five teams into the 2013 NCAA tournament, the league's best showing since six teams represented the then-Pac-10 in 2009. The conference figures to receive more or less the same number of bids in 2014, meaning the days of "one-bid league" jokes every February are a thing of the past. That's a welcome and long-awaited development for hoops fans on the West Coast.
Here's how I see the top of the resurgent Pac-12 sorting itself out in 2013-14. For busy readers in a hurry, I'll summarize: Arizona is tops, and then there's a second tier of very good teams.
To read more from John Gasaway on the Pac-12, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Wichita St. pounds Missouri St. to reach 33-0
- Smart move? Iowa St. fans tease star, 'flop'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Basketball on Insider
Bruce Pearl and Seth Greenberg provide scouting reports for North Carolina-Duke.