Freshman Impact: Duke
Behind star newcomers Parker and Hood, Blue Devils are set to reload
For the Freshman Impact series, Insider's college basketball and recruiting experts will team up to examine how 15 of the nation's best recruiting classes will fit in with their teams in the 2013-14 season.
John: Paul, I know Mike Krzyzewski has a ton of talent coming into the Duke program, and we'll talk about the new arrivals at some length. But at the top, allow me to state for the record that losing Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee strikes me as an awfully big hit. The Blue Devils scored 1.14 points per possession in ACC play, far and away the best mark in the league, and those three were a big part of making that happen.
Paul: Yes, Coach K lost a lot, not only in terms of talent but also in experience. Then again, it's like a revolving door. We've seen Curry, Kelly and Plumlee leave, but as you say, there's also plenty of players coming through the door.
To read the full article on how Duke's newcomers will fit in with the returning players, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA agrees to settlement in concussion suit
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game