Freshman Impact: Arizona
How will Wildcats' freshmen and veterans fit together next season?
For the "Freshman Impact" series, Insider's college basketball and recruiting experts will be teaming up to examine how 15 of the nation's best recruiting classes will fit in with their teams in the 2013-14 season.
John: Paul, you and I are here to talk about an Arizona team that needs to replace Solomon Hill, Mark Lyons, Kevin Parrom and early-entry departure Grant Jerrett. I trust we'll get to next season's Wildcats roster soon enough, but before we look at the team can we talk about the coach for a moment? I'm very impressed by Sean Miller's recruiting since he arrived in Tucson. Achieving a truly national reach and going up against the Kentuckys and Dukes is no easy task, but it looks to me like Miller's doing it.
Paul: Yes, Miller's definitely been outstanding in terms of recruiting. He does a thorough job in the evaluation process, which is vital. Here's a guy who has East Coast roots -- played at Pitt and did a great job as head coach at Xavier, obviously -- and he's well-positioned there. Now he's established some serious West Coast connections as well. Miller just fits in wherever he goes.
And it's not just the players he gets, John. It's what he does with them once he has them. Some programs truly develop guys, and Arizona is clearly one of those programs.
John: I have to tell you, Paul: On paper, Arizona is lined up beautifully to make a Final Four run this season. The comparison that comes to my mind is Michigan, in terms of a Wolverines team that was already pretty good in 2011-12, and then added a fairly amazing freshman class. Let's take a look at how good the Wildcats can be this season and how the freshmen will blend in with the players already on the roster.
To read the full article on how Arizona's star freshman will fit in with the team, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Nike Men's Arizona Wildcats 'that Wildcat Life' Cardinal T-shirt