Bracket Math: Latest S-curve
La Salle, Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee holding on to final spots in field
This edition of "Bracket Math" includes games through Thursday, March 14. Rankings reflect an up-to-date S-Curve from yours truly, posing as one hypothetical member of the NCAA men's basketball committee.
Notes on the "new" math:
Scouting the Championship Week games Friday
• MUST WIN TO STAY IN THE HUNT FOR A NO. 1 SEED: Georgetown (versus Syracuse, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN, Big East semifinal), Kansas (versus Iowa State, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPNU, Big 12 semifinal), Louisville (versus Notre Dame, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN, Big East semifinal), Michigan State (versus Iowa, Big Ten quarterfinal)
• NOTHING CHANGES: Ohio State (versus Nebraska, Big Ten quarterfinal), Arizona versus UCLA (Pac-12 semifinal), Oklahoma State versus Kansas State (10 p.m. ET, ESPNU, Big 12 semifinal), Colorado State versus UNLV (Mountain West semifinal)
• ON THE BUBBLE WITH A LOSS: La Salle (versus Butler, A-10 quarterfinal), Tennessee (versus Alabama, 3 p.m. ET, ESPNU, SEC quarterfinal), Kentucky (versus Vanderbilt, 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN3, SEC quarterfinal)
• MUST WIN TO STAY ON THE BUBBLE: Southern Miss (versus UTEP, C-USA semifinal), Akron (versus Kent State, 6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN3, MAC semifinal), Maryland (versus Duke, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN2, ACC quarterfinal), Iowa (versus Michigan State, Big Ten quarterfinal), Ole Miss (versus Missouri, 10 p.m. ET, ESPN3, SEC quarterfinal)
This is where I project teams would fall if Selection Sunday were today. Remember, the S-Curve flows left to right, then right to left, then back again as you read down the chart.
To see how the latest S-curve breaks down, sign up for ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game