Best NCAA title futures bets
Florida Gators among three title contenders with best betting value
The NCAA tournament bracket will be announced next Sunday, and in roughly a month college basketball will crown its new champion. And that means only a few weeks remain to make futures bets for the 2013 NCAA title.
Using our simulations of the conference tournaments, NCAA selection process and NCAA tournament, TeamRankings.com assigns championship odds for each team every day. Comparing our predictions with odds that were recently available at offshore sports books, let's take a look at the three best futures bet values among the likely title favorites.
Offshore odds: 4-1 to 7-1
TeamRankings odds: 4.3-1
Coming off a loss to Kentucky, it's interesting to see the Gators at the top of our favorites list. But remember, our system is not heavily influenced by the results of a single game. One should not overreact to a single close road loss to a good team. Additionally, Florida's critics will point out that it has not fared well in close games, going 0-5 in games decided by six points or fewer. While we note this point, there is little historical evidence that teams that have lost several close contests will continue to lose the close games in the future.
To read more about which three NCAA title contenders are the best bets to win the tourney, become an Insider today.
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game