More movement on top line
Bracket Math: Kansas replaces Duke as No. 1 seed; Bubble begins to shrink
This edition of Bracket Math includes games through Thursday, Feb. 28. Rankings reflect an up-to-date S-curve from yours truly, posing as one hypothetical member of the NCAA men's basketball committee.
Notes on the "new" math:
• What do the following 10 teams have in common? Arizona, Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan, Miami (Fla.) and Syracuse. All have been No. 1 seeds at least once in our brackets since the middle of January. If that doesn't tell you we're in for the most wide-open NCAA tournament in years, I don't know what will.
What this tells me is that at least 10 teams have a realistic shot at a national championship, and that's not counting a handful of other legitimate contenders such as Georgetown, Michigan State and New Mexico. It's a truly unprecedented state of affairs.
To read about why why Duke is no longer a No. 1 seed, and to see how the latest S-curve breaks down, sign up for ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Buffs' buzzer-beater stuns No. 6 Jayhawks
- McConnell, No. 2 Wildcats squeak by UNLV
- Mizzou upsets UCLA, extends home streak
- No. 21 UMass off to its best start since '95
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game