Who is No. 1 prospect for 2013?
Debating which player should be considered the top NBA draft prospect
During college hoops season, Jay Bilas and Chad Ford will start the week by addressing a big question, evaluating NBA prospects on the rise and looking ahead to the next week.
The discussion: Who is currently the No. 1 prospect for the 2013 NBA draft?
Jay Bilas: Most observers seem to agree that this is not a year for great prospects in the NBA draft. While there are not as many no-brainers who project as All-NBA performers or NBA starters, there are still some really good prospects this year. In my judgment, however, the No. 1 prospect in the 2013 NBA draft class is Kansas redshirt freshman Ben McLemore.
McLemore is just 20 years old and relatively young in the game, having sat out all of last season, only able to practice during the second semester. McLemore is very much a Ray Allen-type player, a superior athlete who can really shoot it, and has an uncanny smoothness to his game. McLemore averages 16 points per game, but his percentages are really impressive: He is shooting 49 percent from the field, 43 percent from 3-point range and 88 percent from the line.
To see the complete discussion from Jay Bilas and Chad Ford on which player should be considered the No. 1 prospect for the 2013 NBA draft, plus a look at rising prospects and games to watch, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Coach K calls Team USA 'ultimate honor'
- Florida F Yeguete has surgery on right knee
- SF Pinson commits to play for in-state Heels
- Vanderbilt blocks Jeter from transferring to Pitt
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game