How to bet Indiana-Minnesota
Projecting ATS winners for Tuesday's biggest college basketball games
Every week for the rest of the college basketball season, Dave Tuley will resume his "Tuley's Take" on the big midweek games with a piece on Tuesday and another on Wednesday as we head toward the conference tournaments (his favorite time to find live underdogs in recent years) and into March Madness. He'll give a projected point spread and pick for each.
Last week was a successful start to "Tuley's Take: CBB Edition."
It started on Tuesday with Indiana knocking off Michigan State 72-68 as a short road underdog (it's not often you get to take the No. 1 team in the nation plus points) and Missouri rallying to upset Florida 63-60 as a 5-point underdog. In the other Tuesday game, I made it quite clear that I was passing on Miami vs. Virginia as an actual bet, especially with it laying 9 points, but we labeled it as a pick so if people want to count that as a loss, so be it.
On Wednesday, Iowa State beat Baylor 87-82 as a 4.5-point underdog, then I suffered my first clear-cut loser with Oklahoma State falling 68-67 to Kansas in overtime at pick-'em. So, I'm either 3-1 ATS or 3-2 ATS if you saddle me with the Miami selection (heck, I wish I had totally adhered to the "underdog-or-pass" mantra, as that should have kept me off the Oklahoma State pick since it wasn't the 'dog at pick-em and was actually minus-1 at a lot of books).
But enough looking back, let's look ahead to Tuesday's games:
Projected point spread: Indiana minus-6
I was more than happy to bet the Hoosiers last week, but in sports betting it's important to not fall in love with teams but to try to objectively find the right side of each game in relation to the point spread. Minnesota is on a slide (3-7 straight up and 2-7-1 against the spread since the last time it played Indiana), but I'm not afraid to flip allegiances here. The Golden Gophers certainly need this game more to keep from falling closer to the NCAA bubble.
To read all of Dave Tuley's advice on how to bet Indiana-Minnesota and other big CBB matchups Tuesday, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Unbeatens Kentucky, Virginia still atop AP poll
- Wichita St. guard arrested on suspicion of DUI
- Coach K gets 1,000th win; Duke tops St. John's
- No. 8 Irish need block in OT to thwart NC State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game