Bracket Math: IU's clear path
Why Hoosiers look primed for Final Four run; trouble for UF, Maryland
This edition of Bracket Math includes games through Feb. 19. Rankings reflect an up-to-date S-curve from yours truly, posing as one hypothetical member of the NCAA men's basketball committee.
Notes on the "new" math:
• The first piece of the 2013 Final Four came into much clearer focus Tuesday night. Indiana's win at Michigan State gives the Hoosiers what amounts to a two-game lead in the Big Ten standings, with only four games to play. If the Hoosiers can win three of those four -- at Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio State, at Michigan -- the conference title is theirs, along with a nearly certain No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. And because that No. 1 seed figures to come with a Midwest Regional assignment in Indianapolis ... you can see where I'm going with this. The Hoosiers aren't losing any tournament games in their home state, so it should be off to Atlanta for IU.
To read more from Joe Lunardi on how the bubble looks, which weekend games are most impactful and see how the latest S-curve breaks down, sign up for ESPN Insider today.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game