Picks for Saturday's big games
Projecting ATS winners for Mizzou-Ole Miss, Louisville-Notre Dame and more
Every Friday during the college basketball season, Ted Sevransky (better known as Teddy Covers) will provide ESPN Insiders with his picks on Saturday's biggest games and a few under-the-radar matchups. He'll give a projected point spread and pick for each.
Missouri has a sharp home/road dichotomy. It has played five true road games this season, losing all of them in straight-up fashion while notching just a single spread cover (by a measly half point). Even coach Frank Haith has called his squad "soft" in hostile environments.
But in Columbia, the Tigers have been nothing short of outstanding, a perfect 13-0 at home this season. At home, the Tigers' big frontcourt of Laurence Bowers, Alex Oriakhi and Tony Criswell has been able to dominate the offensive glass while keeping opponents out of the paint. It's something the Tigers will need to do again if that home winning streak is to remain intact.
Rebels sharpshooter Marshall Henderson was contained in the first meeting between these two teams, held nine points below his season average of 20 per contest. Ole Miss still won the game by 15 thanks to Missouri failures: a 2-for-18 shooting effort from 3-point range and 19 turnovers. Expect a different level of performance from the home team Saturday.
The ATS pick: Missouri
To read all of Teddy Covers' against-the-spread picks for Saturday's biggest games, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game