Game plan for Syracuse-Louisville
Our coaches explain how Orange, Cardinals will try to beat each other
Ahead of Saturday's matchup between the Syracuse Orange and Louisville Cardinals (ESPN, 4 p.m. ET), we asked our coaches Fran Fraschilla and Seth Greenberg to come up with a game plan to defeat the other, with Fraschilla taking the Orange and Greenberg taking the Cardinals.
Louisville's game plan versus SyracuseBy Fran Fraschilla
Louisville dropped both games to Syracuse last season after previously beating the Orange seven straight times. This means Rick Pitino's coaching staff will have an obvious sense of urgency Saturday afternoon. That urgency will be fueled, in part, because the Cardinals shot a combined 7-for-42 from behind the arc in the two losses. But outside shooting isn't the only key area for the Cardinals as they try to take down the 16-1 Orange.
Key personnel for Syracuse:
With James Southerland likely sidelined for this game with academic issues, the following three players -- who are combining for 54 percent of Syracuse's made field goals this season -- will get the full attention of Pitino's Cardinals.
To read Fran and Seth's full game plans for the Syracuse-Louisville matchup, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Grey Disruption Full-zip Elite Basketball Performance Hoodie