Who is the nation's top PG?
Trey Burke and Michael Carter-Williams among top candidates
During college hoops season, Jay Bilas and Chad Ford will start the week off by addressing a big question, evaluating NBA prospects on the rise and looking ahead to the next week.
The discussion: Who is the nation's top point guard?
Jay Bilas: This not a stellar year for point guards, but there are several point guards out there who can play. If I am considering a long-term prospect, and which point guard will best take me into the future, I don't see a Chris Paul or Deron Williams in this year's crop. But there is one I believe could be the best of the bunch in time, Syracuse point guard Michael Carter-Williams. He is very good now, as best evidenced by his assist numbers, but Carter-Williams also has the most potential to grow as a player and become truly special.
To read more from Chad Ford and Jay Bilas on the nation's top PG, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Pauley Pavilion court flooded as main breaks
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
- UAB grants All-C-USA PG Frazier his release
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game