Kentucky creates questions
The Wildcats are loaded, but they aren't on the same level as last season
During college hoops season, Jay Bilas and Chad Ford will start the week off by addressing a big question, evaluating NBA prospects on the rise and looking ahead to next week.
The discussion: What are your early impressions of this season's Kentucky team?Chad Ford: More than 30 NBA scouts and executives packed into the Barclays Center on Friday night to see college basketball's only NBA team, the Kentucky Wildcats.
Not only are the Wildcats ranked No. 3 in the country but they also, once again, sport more NBA draft prospects than any other team in the country.
None of the Wildcats' hyped crew got off to a particularly stellar start. In fact, the best players on the floor were walk-on Jarrod Polson and sophomore Kyle Wiltjer -- the two guys on the Wildcats' roster NBA scouts aren't very excited about. Polson isn't going to get a serious look from NBA scouts, and Wiltjer, though a shooter, looks as if he'd be a major defensive liability at the next level.
So, what did scouts think of the five guys they are seriously interested in drafting, and what should the expectations be for this team this season?
To read more from Chad Ford and Jay Bilas on Kentucky's potential for the 2012-13 season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats #15 Silver Elite Replica Basketball Jersey