2012-13 Big 12 Power Rankings
Another year, another Bill Self team primed to win a conference title
The new Big 12 finally has some stability after a wild ride through conference realignment the past two years.
It now has 10 teams, including newcomers West Virginia and TCU. And while Kansas and Texas will miss longtime rivals Missouri and Texas A&M, respectively, the league should continue to be a very strong basketball conference with the new rivalries.
TCU will start at the bottom but should integrate quickly into the Big 12, especially if it follows its football program's formula of mining the Dallas metroplex for its outstanding high school talent.
West Virginia's Bob Huggins has proven he can win in any league and already has done it once in this conference when he was at Kansas State. He'll make trips to Morgantown problematic for conference foes.
As usual, Kansas will lead the way as it shoots for a ninth straight Big 12 title under Bill Self. Texas, after a year hiatus, has reloaded and should be in contention as well.
To read the full Big 12 Power Rankings, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game