2012-13 Big East Power Rankings
The Louisville Cardinals sit atop the Big East and could be title contenders
The 2012 season was a good one for the Big East but not one of its best. In years past, the top of the Big East had been truly dominant nationally, and the league had set records for NCAA tournament berths.
Winning the conference regular-season title is one of the toughest gauntlets to run in sports, and winning the Big East tournament can often be more difficult than winning the national championship.
This year, with the loss of West Virginia to the Big 12, will be bittersweet. The Big East should bounce back a bit in performance, but it will likely still fall a bit short of the tremendous power the league flexed in 2009 through 2011, and the backdrop will be somber. It will, sadly, be the last hurrah of the most powerful basketball conference ever assembled.
Here's how the Big East teams stack up in the 2012-13 season:
To read the full Big East Power Rankings from Jay Bilas, you must be an ESPN Insider.
Insider CBB content
• Greenberg/Telep: Kansas Jayhawks
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Marquette
• Gasaway/Rankin: Indiana Hoosiers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Michigan Wolverines
• Gasaway/Rankin: Ohio State Buckeyes
• Greenberg/Finkelstein: Memphis Tigers
• Gasaway/Rankin: Florida Gators
• Greenberg/Telep: Kentucky Wildcats
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Louisville Cardinals
• Gasaway/Finkelstein: Syracuse Orange
• Greenberg/Biancardi: NC State Wolfpack
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Duke Blue Devils
• Biancardi/Gasaway: North Carolina Tar Heels
• Biancardi/Gasaway: Arizona Wildcats
• Greenberg/Telep: UCLA Bruins
• Gasaway: Breakout second-year coaches
• Lunardi: Could Louisville repeat as champs?
• Greenberg: UVA tops list of surprise teams
• Fraschilla: How returning stars can improve
• Gasaway: Top title challengers to Kentucky
• Lunardi: Who will earn No. 1 seeds in 2014?
• Telep: Latest on No. 13 junior Theo Pinson
• Rankin: What Wiggins means for Kansas
• Biancardi: KU to prep Wiggins for NBA success
• Telep: Updated look at top recruits
• Roundtable: Most impressive on AAU circuit?
• Ford: NBA draft lottery preview
• Ford: Winners from the NBA draft combine
• Fraschilla: Burke the draft's top point guard?
• Ford: Measurements concern some GMs
• Ford: Why Wiggins would go No. 1 in 2013
Jay Bilas Blog
Jay's take on latest from around the nation
Analysis from Fraschilla, Greenberg and Lunardi
Get news and rumblings before anyone
Hollinger's College PER
College basketball's top players
Get wagering advice for every game
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Blue Disruption Knit Elite Basketball Performance Shorts