Team-by-team 2011-12 grades
Evaluating teams in the ACC, Pac-12, SEC and some non-'big six' schools
- Bob Donnan/US PresswireAnthony Davis and the Kentucky Wildcats finished the season as national champions.
Now that the 2011-12 season is in the books, Doug Gottlieb is dishing out grades for every major conference team and some key other schools. Part 1 featured the Big 12, Big East and Big Ten. Today, Part 2 features every team from the ACC, Pac-12 and SEC, plus some select schools outside the "power six."
North Carolina Tar Heels: A-
North Carolina brought back a squad with the hopes of winning a national title this season. The Tar Heels did win the ACC and did look the part of a national champion at times, but they also lost to Florida State by the biggest margin of any Roy Williams team. Kendall Marshall's injury, combined with torn ACLs of Leslie McDonald and Dexter Strickland, ultimately made a national championship unattainable, so we will give them an A-minus.
To read the full story, plus get access to all of ESPN Insider's college hoops content, sign up and become an Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM