Starting the 'Movement'
Cody Zeller could have gone nearly anywhere, but joined team that needed him most
During a preseason scrimmage in October, Indiana coach Tom Crean saw something he didn't like: His top freshman, Cody Zeller, wasn't getting the ball. So Crean stopped practice to institute a rule. If the 6-foot-11 forward didn't get at least one touch on a possession, his team's bucket wouldn't count.
"They did not lose the next couple of scrimmages," Crean said later. "It was amazing. Cody makes it easier for everyone. Not to be a visionary, but I saw it coming."
To read more on Cody Zeller, Indiana basketball and get access to all of ESPN Insider's insights and analysis, sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: December 12, 2011
More from the issue
- adidas Men's Indiana Hoosiers Crimson On-Court Practice T-Shirt