Burn to run
The concept of momentum is a false prophet, look at motivation instead
- ESPNThe 49ers' can't-stop, won't-stop scoring is not proof of momentum -- it's not that simple.
ON JAN. 11, Long Beach State trailed UC Davis 44-40 at halftime. It was a disappointing 20 minutes for the heavily favored 49ers, but they would quickly forget about the sluggish start. LBSU's Dan Jennings opened the second half by making a jumper, and when Tyler Lamb stole the ball, Mike Caffey converted a bucket. After another empty UC Davis possession, Caffey banged home a three-pointer. It was a 7-0 run, and Aggies coach Jim Les took a timeout to stop the bleeding.
To read more about the momentum vs. motivation debate, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM