Saturday's best ATS bets
Picking winners for Saturday's big games, including Tar Heels-Orange
- Rich Barnes/USA TODAY SportsSyracuse freshman point guard Tyler Ennis faces a tough test against North Carolina on Saturday.Each week during the college basketball season, I will offer my picks and predicted final scores for the biggest games on Saturday. This way, when the lines are released Friday evening, you'll have at least one Vegas pro's opinion as to what the final scores might look like.
This game is a classic example of where power ratings fail. Jeff Sagarin's computer rankings have North Carolina as the No. 54 team in the country. Ken Pomeroy's ratings have them at No. 34. The Tar Heels are unranked in both the AP Top 25 and the USA Today Coaches Poll. This is a team that beat Kentucky, Michigan State and Louisville -- teams that are a combined 36-3 in their other games. There's no question that North Carolina can step up in class and beat the very best, even in hostile environments. Roy Williams most assuredly has Final Four-caliber talent on his roster.
To read all of Teddy Covers' against-the-spread picks for Saturday's biggest games, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Basketball on Insider
Bruce Pearl and Seth Greenberg provide scouting reports for North Carolina-Duke.