Saturday's best ATS bets
Picking winners for Saturday's big games, including Hoyas-Jayhawks
- Jamie Squire/Getty ImagesAndrew Wiggins and Kansas aren't expected to struggle at home against Georgetown this weekend.Each week during the college basketball season, I will offer my picks and predicted final scores for the biggest games on Saturday as well as a handful of mid-major matchups. It's a bit early in the season to give projected point spreads because there are still fairly dramatic differences between the various sets of power ratings that are respected by the betting markets here in Las Vegas.
I've taken the liberty of giving out a predicted final score instead. This way, when the lines are released Friday evening, you'll have at least one Vegas pro's opinion as to what the final scores might look like.
Georgetown's offense requires at least two things to function effectively regardless of its level of execution. The Hoyas need a screen-setting, post-up big man and perimeter shooters who can hit from long range. John Thompson III has the post-up guy with center Josh Smith, but his minutes have been limited because of consistent foul trouble. And D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera has been the Hoyas' lone perimeter shooting threat so far this season, responsible for 22 of Georgetown's 50 made 3-pointers so far this season. The rest of the Georgetown shooters have combined for a woeful 28-of-107 (26 percent) shooting effort from downtown.
To read all of Teddy Covers' against-the-spread picks for Saturday's biggest games, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
College Basketball on Insider
Peter Keating breaks down the top conference tournaments for Giant Killers.