- Raleigh, NCHometown
- Hargrave Military AcademyHigh School
- 220 lbsWeight
- 48Overall Rank
- 14Position Rank
- Jan 16, 2011
- Dez Wells, Hargrave roll by St. Thomas More
- Xavier signee Dezmine Wells led the way for Hargrave with 20 points and some highlight reel dunks as the Tigers cruised by St. Thomas More 78-58 on Sunday at the Spalding HoopHall Classic.
P.J. Hairston (14 points), C.J. Barksdale (16 points, six rebounds) and Robert Brown (11 points) all chipped in for Hargrave.
Super 60 center Andre Drummond had 13 points and 10 rebounds for St. Thomas More.
- Nov 10, 2010
- Xavier announces class, no Michael Chandler
- Xavier head coach Chris Mack announced that three players have signed letters of intent to suit up for the Musketeers in 2011.
"I'm thrilled to announce the signing of our three newest members to the Xavier Basketball Family," said Mack. "These student-athletes and their families represent the type of people we want in our basketball program at Xavier."
Dezmine Wells, Darwin Davis and Jalen Reynolds are officially on board.
However, ESPNU 100 center Michael Chandler did not sign a letter of intent and multiple sources are reporting that the Indianapolis native is strongly considering committing to Connecticut.
- Oct 22, 2009
- Xavier lands Top 10 forward
- According to multiple sources, small forward Dezmine Wells verbally committed to Xavier on Thursday morning.
Wells, the 8th best small forward in the 2011 class, held offers from Boston College, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Maryland and N.C. State among others.
"My family and I feel that Xavier is the perfect fit for me, so that kind of swayed my decision to commit early," Wells told ESPN.com's Maryland affiliate www.InsideMDSports.com. "Academically they graduated 76 straight seniors, so me graduating is not an issue."
ESPN.com's Recruiting Coordinator Reggie Rankin really likes this recruit for the Musketeers.
"He's in attack mode every time he catches the ball and he can score through contact with ease or draw fouls," Rankin added.
"He must work to develop his skills and extend his shooting range but Wells is as tough as they come and will be a welcomed addition to Xavier.
He really doesn't have true position on the floor but he's a kid who will do all the dirty work and be productive."
He joins Darwin Davis (Bloomington, Ind./Bloomington South H.S.) in the Musketeers 2011 class.