- Wichita, KSHometown
- Wichita Heights High School
- 220 lbsWeight
- 35Overall Rank
- 9Position Rank
- Sep 21, 2011
- Kansas suits Perry Ellis fine
- ESPNU 100 power forward Perry Ellis (Wichita, Kan./Wichita Heights) committed to the Jayhawks during a press conference at his high school on Wednesday, picking KU over Kentucky, Kansas State and Wichita State.
"The Kansas Jayhawks protected their turf," ESPN's Sr. Recruiting Analyst Dave Telep offered. "Their lengthy pursuit of the state's top senior paid off on Wednesday.
"KU and UK under Bill Self and John Calipari, have a strong history of going back and forth on the same players so this wound up being a good win for the Jayhawks."
"All these schools were real close to me," Ellis said at his press conference. "They've been there three or four years now. It was a tough decision."
The 6-foot-8 power forward is one of the most decorated players in Kansas high school basketball history. He's been the key player in his high school team's three straight 6-A championships and a multi-time Gatorade player of the year in his state. He's on pace to finish high school with over 2,000 career points and a 1,000 rebounds.
"ESPN's No. 37 prospect in the country is a face-up, hybrid power forward," Telep added. "He's efficient around the basket, in the lane and to 18 feet with his jump shot. Ellis' reputation in the state of Kansas and beyond, combined with his success on the court catapulted him into a must-sign recruit for the Jayhawks following his sophomore season."
Ellis joins power forward/center Zach Peters in Bill Self's 2012 class.
- Sep 19, 2011
- Perry Ellis set to make decision
- ESPNU 100 power forward Perry Ellis will announce his college decision this week, according to a press release from his high school.
The 4-star Wichita native will announce on Wednesday Sept. 21 at 2:45 p.m. CDT/3:45 EDT in his high school gym. Ellis is down to Kansas, Kansas State, Wichita State and Kentucky.
- Jun 21, 2011
- Blue Devils offer Wichita big man Ellis
- ESPN.com has confirmed that ESPNU 100 power forward Perry Ellis has been offered by Duke.
New Duke assistant coach Jeff Capel was recruiting Ellis to Oklahoma before being let go in March.
Ellis hopes to visit Durham soon. He is also considering Kentucky, Kansas, Kansas State, Memphis and Wichita State.
- Mar 13, 2011
- Perry Ellis, Heights win 3rd straight title
- ESPNU Super 60 forward Perry Ellis faced double and triple teams all night and finished with only nine points but Wichita Heights was able to hold off Blue Valley Northwest 58-51 on Saturday in the Class 6A state title game.
Ellis added eight rebounds for the Falcons who captured their third straight state tile and in the process won their 44th consecutive game.
- Mar 12, 2011
- Perry Ellis leads Heights to state final
- Perry Ellis and Wichita Heights will battle for their third straight Class 6A state title after a 70-62 win over Olathe East on Friday night.
Ellis led the way for Heights with 25 points, including 14-of-17 from the free throw line. They will face Blue Valley Northwest on Saturday night for the championship.
- Mar 10, 2011
- Perry Ellis leads Heights to state semi's
- ESPNU Super 60 forward Perry Ellis led all scorers with 19 points as Wichita Heights held off Blue Valley West 55-33 on Wednesday night in a state quarterfinal match.
The Falcons will face Olathe East on Friday in a semifinal game.
- Mar 5, 2011
- Perry Ellis goes for 19 and 8 in win
- Super 60 junior Perry Ellis scored 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Wichita Heights held off Southeast 76-61 on Friday in the Class 6A sub-state championship.
- Mar 3, 2011
- Perry Ellis, Heights win substate
- Perry Ellis scored 20 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Wichita Heights cruised to a 69-31 rout of Junction City in a substate playoff game.
- Feb 25, 2011
- Perry Ellis scores 27 as OU looks on
- Super 60 junior Perry Ellis scored 27 points and added seven rebounds, four assists and two blocks in Wichita Heights' 76-63 win over Wichita East on Thursday night.
Oklahoma assistant Ben Betts was in attendance but Kansas head coach Bill Self and Kansas State's Frank Martin were unable to attend due to severe weather in the Midwest.
Ellis is expected to attend the Kansas-Oklahoma game on Saturday (Feb. 26) in Norman, Okla.
- Feb 23, 2011
- Perry Ellis gets 32 and 13 in win
- Wichita Heights stayed unbeaten (19-0) following a 77-44 rout of Wichita South on Tuesday.
Super 60 forward Perry Ellis led the way with 32 points and 13 rebounds.
- Feb 19, 2011
- Perry Ellis scores 23; set for K-State-OU matchup
- ESPNU Super 60 forward Perry Ellis scored 23 points in Wichita Heights' 63-36 romp over Bishop Carroll on Friday night.
Ellis will head to Manhattan, Kans. on Saturday to watch Kansas State take on Oklahoma. Both schools are in his final six which also includes Kansas, Wichita State, Kentucky and Memphis.
- Feb 16, 2011
- Perry Ellis helps Heights to win
- Power forward Perry Ellis finished with 24 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, two blocks and a steal in Wichita Heights' 64-50 win over Wichita Northwest on Tuesday night.
- Feb 12, 2011
- Ellis gets double-double, headed to KU game
- Super 60 junior Perry Ellis led Wichita Heights to a 72-42 rout of Wichita West on Friday night with 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Ellis will be in attendance for the Kansas-Iowa State game in Lawrence, Kan. on Saturday.
- Feb 6, 2011
- Perry Ellis leads Heights to win
- Wichita Heights cruised by Kapaun Mount Carmel 77-48 on Saturday behind 26 points and eight rebounds from Super 60 forward Perry Ellis.
- Feb 5, 2011
- Perry Ellis powers Heights past
- Super 60 power forward Perry Ellis scored 28 points and added 10 rebounds in Wichita Heights' 86-68 romp over Wichita Southeast on Friday night.
- Jan 29, 2011
- Perry Ellis wins, set for KU visit
- Super 60 junior Perry Ellis scored 21 points and grabbed five rebounds as Wichita Heights rolled by Wichita North 78-57 on Friday.
Ellis will be in Lawrence, Kan. on Saturday for the Jayhawks game against rival Kansas State.
- Jan 26, 2011
- Perry Ellis gets 30 in OT win
- Super 60 junior forward Perry Ellis led all scorers with 30 points as Wichita Heights knocked off Wichita East 84-75 in overtime on Tuesday night.
- Jan 23, 2011
- Perry Ellis nabs MVP at McPherson Invitational
- Super 60 forward Perry Ellis finished with 23 points and nine rebounds in Wichita Heights' 81-73 win over McPherson on Saturday in the finals of the McPherson Invitational.
- Jan 21, 2011
- Perry Ellis helps Heights past Free State
- Super 60 forward Perry Ellis scored 21 points (8-of-11 FG's) and grabbed seven rebounds in Wichita Heights' 78-59 win over Lawrence Free State on Thursday night.
In attendance watching Ellis were coaches from Kansas, Kansas State and Houston.
- Jan 19, 2011
- Perry Ellis headlines list of star underclassmen for KU-K State matchup
- According to Matt Scott of the www.TheShiver.com, Kansas' Jan. 29 rivalry game with Kansas State will feature a host of top underclassmen taking unofficial visits to KU's Allen Fieldhouse.
Expected to be in attendance are Super 60 juniors Perry Ellis (N0. 9 overall), Kaleb Tarczewski (No. 24), Nino Jackson (No. 39) and Zach Peters (No. 45). Terrific 25 sophomore Julius Randle (No. 1) and 2013 small forward Ishmail Wainright are also slated to attend.
- Jan 9, 2011
- Perry Ellis nets 25 in Heights win
- Super 60 junior Perry Ellis scored a game-high 25 points in Wichita Heights' 66-58 win over Southeast on Saturday.
- Jan 5, 2011
- Calipari, Capel check out Super 60 forward
- ESPNU Super 60 power forward Perry Ellis scored 21 points as head coaches John Calipari (Kentucky) and Jeff Capel (Oklahoma) looked on in Wichita Heights' 62-36 rout of Bishop Carroll on Tuesday.
- Dec 19, 2010
- Perry Ellis gets 23 and 8 in win
- Super 60 power forward Perry Ellis scored 23 points and added eight rebounds in Wichita Heights' 86-69 win over Nixa (Mo.) on Saturday.
In attendance watching the junior was Kansas assistant coach Danny Manning.
- Dec 17, 2010
- Perry Ellis trims his list
- ESPNU Super 60 junior Perry Ellis has narrowed his list to six schools, ESPN.com has confirmed.
Ellis will decide between Kansas, Kentucky, Kansas State, Memphis, Wichita State and Oklahoma.
Ellis is a two-time Kansas Gatorade Player of the Year.
- Dec 15, 2010
- Perry Ellis, Wichita Heights upend West
- Uncommitted junior forward Perry Ellis scored a game-high 23 points in Wichita Heights' 65-41 win over Wichita West on Tuesday night.
- Dec 11, 2010
- Perry Ellis seals Heights win
- Super 60 junior Perry Ellis knocked down four free throws at the end of the game to help Wichita Heights knock off Northwest 76-73 on Friday night.
Ellis finished with 22 points and nine rebounds for Heights.
- Dec 8, 2010
- Perry Ellis gets double-double as coaches look on
- ESPNU Super 60 forward Perry Ellis scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as Wichita Heights knocked off Wichita Kapaun 62-50 on Tuesday night.
In attendance were Kansas State head coach Frank Martin and assistant Brad Underwood along with Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall.
- Sep 23, 2010
- Head coaches flock to Wichita to see Perry Ellis
- Six head coaches traveled to Wichita Heights H.S. on Wednesday night to check out ESPNU Super 60 forward Perry Ellis, his mother confirmed to ESPN.com.
In attendance were Greg Marshall (Wichita State), Jeff Capel (Oklahoma), Mark Turgeon (Texas A&M), Johnny Dawkins (Stanford), Frank Martin (Kansas State) and Fran McCaffery (Iowa), according to Fonda Ellis.
- Sep 1, 2010
- Perry Ellis has unofficial visits
- The Kansas Jayhawks and Memphis Tigers will host ESPNU Super 60 power forward Perry Ellis on upcoming unofficial visits, according to Matt Scott of www.TheShiver.com.
Ellis will visit with Kansas head coach Bill Self on Sept. 7th and will be with Memphis boss Josh Pastner for their Midnight Madness event on Oct. 15.
- Aug 13, 2010
- Hawkeyes offer ESPNU Super 60 Perry Ellis
- New Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery has extended a scholarship offer to Wichita, Kans. big man Perry Ellis.
The Hawkeyes join Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Memphis, Oklahoma and Texas A&M among those vying for the ninth ranked junior's services.
- Jul 22, 2010
- Aggies offer ESPNU Super 60 forward
- Texas A&M has jumped in to the Perry Ellis sweepstakes, offering the 6-foot-8 power forward a scholarship on Thursday morning, his mother, Fonda Ellis, confirmed to ESPN.com.
"(Head coach) Mark Turgeon called Perry this morning offered," she said via text message.
Ellis' list reads like a who's who of high-major programs. As reported by ESPN.com's Kansas affiliate www.TheShiver.com on Wednesday, coaches from North Carolina, Kansas, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Memphis, Kansas State, UCLA and Iowa along with the Aggies staff, have been actively pursuing Ellis during the July evaluation period.
"I am proud of him. He really seems like he is on a mission this summer and it is great to see that," Fonda Ellis told the site.
Perry's mom also noted her son carried a 4.0 GPA through his first two years of high school.
- Jun 18, 2010
- Junior PF scores 17 in NBPA Top 100 Camp win
- Class of 2012 power forward Perry Ellis poured in 17 points during Friday's early session Celtics win over the Spurs at the NBPA Camp in Charlottesville, Va.
B.J. Young led all scorers with 22 points for the Celtics.
Tyler Adams added 11 points and Isaiah Austin contributed 10 in the win. Aaron Ross led the Spurs with 17, Michael Gbinije added 16, Norman Powell contributed 15 and Marquis Rankin finished with 12 in the losing cause.
- Apr 20, 2010
- High-major coaches check out Perry Ellis
- ESPNU Terrific 25 forward Perry Ellis hosted a number of high profile coaches on Monday during an open workout, his mother confirmed to ESPN.com.
"Bill Self (Kansas), Frank Martin (Kansas State), John Calipari (Kentucky), Johnny Dawkins (Stanford), Rick Pitino (Louisville), Gregg Marshall (Wichita State) were all there to see Perry," Fonda Ellis said. "Then we also got assistants from Memphis, Texas A&M and Missouri."
The 6-foot-7 Ellis is coming off his second straight Gatorade Player of the Year season in Kansas after averaging 22.2 points and 10.4 rebounds as a sophomore.
- Mar 15, 2010
- Perry Ellis, Wichita Heights win second straight title
- For the second time in his two varsity seasons, ESPNU Terrific 25 guard Perry Ellis led Wichita Heights to a Class 6A state championship.
The 6-foot-8 power forward finished with 20 points and 11 boards as Heights knocked off Blue Valley Northwest 56-40 on Saturday.
- Mar 13, 2010
- Perry Ellis scores 1,000th point in semifinal win
- ESPNU Terrific 25 forward Perry Ellis finished with 23 points, including the 1,000th of his career, as Wichita Heights knocked off Leavensworth 83-78 on Friday night in a 6A semifinal.
Heights will play for their second straight state title on Saturday.
- Mar 12, 2010
- Perry Ellis leads Heights to first round win
- ESPNU Terrific 25 guard Perry Ellis scored 17 points and added seven rebounds as Wichita Heights knocked off Manhattan 56-41 on Wednesday in a 6A first round matchup.
- Feb 26, 2010
- Perry Ellis gets double-double in win
- Wichita Heights took down South 59-50 on Thursday night behind 21 points and 10 rebounds from Terrific 25 forward Perry Ellis.
According to ESPN.com's Kansas affiliate, www.TheShiver.com, KU assistant Danny Manning was in attendance checking out Ellis, a top Jayhawk target in the 2012 class.
- Feb 17, 2010
- Perry Ellis leads Heights past West
- ESPNU Terrific 25 forward Perry Ellis scored 19 points and added 16 rebounds, two blocks and two assists in Wichita Heights' 85-61 win over Wichita West on Tuesday.
- Feb 10, 2010
- Bill Self checks out Terrific 25 Ellis
- Terrific 25 sophomore Perry Ellis scored 20 points, pulled down 12 rebounds and added three blocks in Wichita Heights' 67-54 win over Wichita Southeast on Tuesday.
According to ESPN affiliate www.TheShiver.com, Kansas head coach Bill Self was in attendance to watch the rising forward. The Jayhawks have offered Ellis along with Kansas State, Kentucky, Memphis, Oklahoma and Wichita State.
- Jan 22, 2010
- UK, KSU check out Terrific 25 forward
- ESPNU Terrific 25 power forward scored 20 points and pulled down 10 rebounds in Wichita Heights' 69-52 win over Manhattan on Thursday.
According to ESPN's Kansas Jayhawk affiliate www.TheShiver.com, Kentucky assistant coach Orlando Antigua was at the game along with members of the Kansas State staff. Memphis, Oklahoma and Kansas are some of the other programs involved with Ellis.
- Jan 13, 2010
- Perry Ellis scores 24 in Wichita win
- ESPNU Terrific 25 forward Perry Ellis scored a game-high 24 points and added seven rebounds in Wichita Heights' 54-33 win over Bishop Carroll on Tuesday.
- Jan 9, 2010
- Perry Ellis gets 38 and 12 in Heights win
- ESPNU Terrific 25 sophomore Perry Ellis scored 38 points and pulled down 12 boards in Wichita Heights' 86-55 win over Wichita Northwest on Friday.
- Dec 16, 2009
- Perry Ellis gets 33 but Wichita Heights falls
- Terrific 25 power forward Perry Ellis led all scorers with 33 points but Wichita Heights dropped a 72-64 decision to Wichita Southeast on Tuesday night.
- Jan 9, 2009
- Jayhawks offer frosh forward Perry Ellis
- Kansas head coach Bill Self has offered a scholarship to freshman forward Perry Ellis, Wichita Heights coach Joe Auer told the The Wichita Eagle. Ellis, an ESPNU 100 Watch List prospect, is also garnering early interest from Kansas State, North Carolina, Memphis and Indiana, among many others.
According to the paper, in five games this season, Ellis is averaging 17.0 points and 15.0 rebounds.