- Montreal, Quebec, CANHometown
- Notre Dame PrepHigh School
- 210 lbsWeight
- 12Overall Rank
- 1Position Rank
- Nov 20, 2010
- Khem Birch reclassifies to 2011, signs with Pitt
- Khem Birch, the second ranked prospect in the class of 2012 has signed a National Letter of Intent with the University of Pittsburgh and will forgo his post-graduate year and join the Panthers in the class of 2011.
While word of Birch's commitment began to swirl around the gym during the National Prep Showcase at Albertus Magnus College by mid-day on Saturday, it wasn't until early evening when his mother, Wendy Sparks, confirmed the news to ESPN.
"He's a Panther," Sparks said. "Khem is ecstatic and we are all so happy."
"We decided a while ago that this is where we wanted to go," Sparks added, noting they have been considering this move for a while. "We were keeping things very quiet because we wanted to make sure it came from us. We are quiet people. We just wanted to make sure the time was right."
Birch is the fifth player to sign with Pittsburgh this month joining Jaylen Bond, John Johnson, Durand Johnson, and Malcolm Gilbert and undoubtedly pushing the Panthers class into the top 25 in the country.
- Nov 19, 2010
- Future Pitt Panther Khem Birch leads Notre Dame at Prep Showcase
- No. 2 junior Khem Birch finished with 20 points and 10 boards and Louisville-bound senior Angel Nunez added 10 points and four rebounds as Notre Dame Prep beat Fishburne Military School 75-66 on Friday at the National Prep Showcase.
Junior guard Myles Davis scored 19, hitting on 4-of-6 3-pointers for ND Prep.
Alabama-Birmingham signee K.C. Whitaker led all scorers with 24 points on 9-of-17 shooting for Fishburne. Future Appalachian State guard Tabarris Hamilton added 18 in the loss.
- Sep 30, 2010
- No. 2 junior pops for Pitt
- According to multiple sources, Khem Birch, ESPN.com's No. 2 ranked player in the 2012 class, verbally committed to Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
Birch, a native of Quebec, chose the Panthers over West Virginia, Ohio State, North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, St. John's, Texas and Syracuse, among others. He is the first recruit in the 2012 class for head coach Jamie Dixon.
- Nov 21, 2009
- Soph. Khem Birch gets 15 in No. 3 Winchendon's win
- Class of 2010 power forward Khem Birch scored 15 points and pulled down 9 rebounds as Winchendon School, ranked No. 3 in ESPN.com's Prep Ten, held on for a 79-77 win over Evelyn Mack Academy on Saturday at the National Prep Showcase. Birch added three blocked shots.