Toil yielding unexpected 'Answer'
The simple fact of the matter is that Iverson could not be Iverson forever. Standing on his tiptoes, he might be 6-feet even. He weighs 165 pounds if you take his jewelry into account. There was only so much punishment his body could take. There was a finite number of drives to the hoop any one human being could possibly make and continue to get back up with the same vigor and enthusiasm to remain effective.
The problem, now, though, is that that number might have passed.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Allen gets hot late, leads Heat over Rockets
- Melo: Knicks bringing in Phil a 'power move'
- Suns end Raptors' home winning streak at 4
- Cousins, Pekovic out for Kings-Timberwolves
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Philadelphia 76ers Basketball Mat