Teams ready for ultimate showdown
After 1,318 games, the long and grinding season comes down to a best-of-one Monday night in Game 7.
- If this is the last NHL game in a long time, at least the season has been stretched to the limit. After 1,318 games, the long and grinding season comes down to a best-of-one Monday night in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.
Careers and reputations will be made over the outcome and whether the Flames or Lightning have more players capapble of stepping up under the greatest pressure possible.
"We all know this is going to be our last game of the year, period," Flames captain Jarome Iginla said Sunday. "There's going to be nothing left on the table as far as being tired or anything like that. Not a chance.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jackets D Murray (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Tampa Bay Lightning Rink Runner Floor Mat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs