Nashville counting on Legwand
The Predators are coming off their most successful season that included their first playoff appearance.
- Selecting 15th overall and from the lowest position in the history of the Nashville Predators is a bittersweet feeling general manager David Poile will gladly accept at this year's NHL entry draft June 26-27 at Raleigh, N.C.
The Predators (38-29-11-4) are coming off their most successful season that included a club-record 91 points, an eight-place finish in the Western Conference and their first playoff appearance, a six-game loss to Detroit in the first round.
"I'll take the playoffs anytime over a low draft position," Poile said in a phone interview last week. "You find and you have to find players in different parts of the draft and that just becomes a little bit more of a challenge to our staff.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jackets D Murray (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Nashville Predators Navy Replicant Flex Fit Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs