Philadelphia captain in dominating form
Keith Primeau is on an incredible run and Philadelphia fans hope the best is yet to come in June.
- A lot of comparisons are being made between Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Smarty Jones and Philadelphia Flyers captain Keith Primeau. Both Philadelphia-area sports stars are on incredible runs and the City of Brotherly Love desperately hopes their best is yet to come in June.
When Primeau scored a goal and an assist in Philadelphia's 3-2 Game 4 victory over Tampa Bay that evened the Eastern Conference finals at two games apiece, it became clear the Flyers were going to go as far as their lead horse could take them.
"He has accepted the responsibility that comes with being an elite captain," Flyers head coach Ken Hitchcock told The Philadelphia Inquirer. "He's embracing it. He loves it. He loves the challenge."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
- Avs take fifth in 6 on Duchene's goal in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Flyers Succeed Black/Silver Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs