Late brawls will spark hatred
Thanks to a little release of frustration Thursday night, both series should feature an increase in intensity.
A day after the head coaches lobbed bombs at each other over yapping from the bench and in media sessions, the Flyers and Lightning combined for 62 minutes in penalties with five seconds remaining in the game that was already decided -- a 4-1 victory for Tampa Bay.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Philadelphia Flyers Reversible Center Ice Collection Player Knit Hat