Kidd, Wallace should play to strengths
- If Jason Kidd and Ben Wallace never score another basket in their second-round playoff series, then we might finally see some scoring between the Nets and Pistons.
Detroit blew out New Jersey in Game 1, 78-56, because its best player took a total of six shots. And New Jersey got blown out by Detroit because its best player took a team-high 13 shots.
The team with the most points may have won but, in this particular matchup, it will most likely be the player with the fewer points who determines the outcome.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Injury won't sideline Warriors' Curry vs. Mavs
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index