Opponents can't afford to overlook Cassell
- On the night the NBA honored Kevin Garnett as the Most Valuable Player of the 2004 season, Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Sam Cassell scored 40 points in a playoff game for the second time in two weeks.
"He was really starting to get on my nerves at the end," Kings coach Rick Adelman said of Cassell in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "A couple of those 3s should've been fours. You knew it wasn't going to be easy after he made a couple of them."
And we are left to wonder how a guy who has played for six different teams in 11 NBA seasons has not only participated in 93 playoff games but won two NBA titles.
Or maybe it's the other way around. Maybe he's a major reason his teams have had success.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- LeBron ditches mask without medical clearance
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- LeBron happy to laud 'good friend' Ilgauskas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Minnesota Timberwolves Stacked Logo Tri-Blend Grey T-Shirt
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index