Gentle giant must get tougher
The Rockets are allegedly Yao Ming's team, but Steve Francis still led Houston in scoring in the postseason.
- With 1:21 left in the second quarter of the Rockets' Game 5 loss to the Lakers, Yao Ming scored his last basket of the game? Yao sat on the bench with only three fouls for 16 minutes as Houston was eliminated from the playoffs.
The Rockets are alledgedly Yao's team, but Steve Francis led Houston in scoring, assists, steals, and minutes while finishing second in rebounds and three-pointers made during the playoffs?
"Overall, we didn't have the resolve," Yao said in the Los Angeles Times. "It was a confidence problem. Being young is part of the problem, but we don't want to continue to hide behind that."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Bynum to make Pacers debut against Celtics
- 76ers lose 17th straight at hands of Knicks
- Heat seal playoff spot behind Wade, LeBron
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index