Nuggets' guard reviving career
In a series featuring Kevin Garnett and Carmelo Anthony, Voshon Lenard has been lost in the shuffle.
- Voshon Lenard hit a 25-foot 3-point shot with 2:04 left in Tuesday night's contest against the Minnesota Timberwolves to bring the Denver Nuggets to within four points of tying the game.
Then he stole the ball from Kevin Garnett on the very next possession with 1:42 left in the game. With 1:23 left in the game, Lenard drilled yet another 3-pointer, his sixth in seven attempts, to bring his game-high point total to 28 and his team to within one point of a tie.
The Timberwolves went on to win the game, 84-82, in the Pespi Center to go up 3-1 in the first-round playoff series and come within 48 minutes of their first second-round invitation in franchise history. But, it was the same Voshon Lenard who scored a team-high 24 points in the second game of the series when the Nuggets lost, 81-95.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: 'Looks like' Phil will take Knicks' job
- Injury won't sideline Warriors' Curry vs. Mavs
- Cavs' Bennett out 3 weeks with knee injury
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Minnesota Timberwolves Target Center Signature Stadium Photo
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index