Belfour playing for his future
Ed Belfour needs to be a game-stopper again and steal a victory if Toronto's shooters don't come through.
- For Toronto to avoid falling behind three games to none Wednesday night against the Philadelphia Flyers, the Maple Leafs need to have the fans at Air Canada Centre chanting "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie" throughout Game 3.
If the Maple Leafs nation is still calling goaltender Ed Belfour's name in reverence at the end, then it's a safe bet that Toronto has cut the Eastern Conference semifinal series margin to 2-1.
Sure, the Leafs need some goals after netting a total of just two in the first two games in Philadelphia. But considering the way Toronto got here, Belfour needs to be a game-stopper again and steal a victory if Toronto's shooters don't come through.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
- Rangers use late rally to outstrip Hurricanes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Toronto Maple Leafs Center Ice Baselayer Royal Quarter-Zip Jacket
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs