Chargers may be willing to pass on Manning
The Chargers could trade down to the fouth pick and select North Carolina State quarterback Philip Rivers.
In addition to being the son of a former first-round quarterback and the brother of last year's MVP, Manning's name was linked with trade scenarios involving the New York Giants. Now all eyes will be focused on the situation brewing at the top of the draft.
The Chargers are in dire need of getting this draft right. They've taken a great deal of heat (albeit somewhat unfair) for drafting Ryan Leaf and trading away an opportunity to select Michael Vick. Everyone, not just the Chargers, thought Leaf was a no-brainer with the second pick of the 1998 draft. And the Chargers didn't exactly strike out getting LaDainian Tomlinson, who some consider the best running back in the league, and draft picks for Vick.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Report: Trump advances in bidding for Bills
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis San Diego Chargers 16 oz Wrap Tumbler