Flames captain leads the way
Jarome Iginla took the Flames on his back with two goals and an assist in Game 7 against the Canucks.
Heading into the winner-take-all Game 7 of their Western Conference quarterfinal series Monday night, the Vancouver Canucks had a clear edge in playoff experience against the young Calgary Flames making the team's first postseason appearance in eight seasons.
But once the game began, that advantage became meaningless as the Flames' desire and determination overpowered the playoff-savvy Canucks 3-2 in overtime to advance to the conference semifinals against the Detroit Red Wings.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Boychuk (leg) out for Bruins, is day to day
- Stajan thankful for support after death of son
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Vancouver Canucks 60'' 3-Shade Billiard Lamp