Flames captain leads the way
Jarome Iginla took the Flames on his back with two goals and an assist in Game 7 against the Canucks.
Heading into the winner-take-all Game 7 of their Western Conference quarterfinal series Monday night, the Vancouver Canucks had a clear edge in playoff experience against the young Calgary Flames making the team's first postseason appearance in eight seasons.
But once the game began, that advantage became meaningless as the Flames' desire and determination overpowered the playoff-savvy Canucks 3-2 in overtime to advance to the conference semifinals against the Detroit Red Wings.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Vancouver Canucks Two Piece Heavy Duty Vinyl Car Mat Set