Vancouver placing trust in Auld
Miikka Kiprusoff has been superb, making a handful of huge saves and making many more look routine.
On Thursday night, the chief Flame proudly donned the protective headgear after scoring the winning goal and applying persistent offensive zone pressure by crashing into numerous Canucks in Calgary's 2-1 Game 5 victory over Vancouver that pushed the Flames one win away from the franchise's first playoff series victory since winning the 1989 Stanley Cup.
Calgary captain Jarome Iginla called his deflection that took a bounce off Canucks defenseman Mattias Ohlund's skate on the way to the net at 5:37 of the third period "a lucky play," but his club-best third playoff goal showed how Iginla is leading the Flames' efforts to make their own luck.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Custom Men's Vancouver Canucks White Away Premier Jersey