Browns don't have public Policy
Carmen Policy was the public face of the Browns and his presence afforded Butch Davis some protection.
As the image of the Browns, Policy took significant heat from reporters following some of Davis' moves. Whether it was the release of the entire linebacking corps, the in-season release of top wideout Kevin Johnson, or the problems of William Green and Gerard Warren, two of Davis' first-round picks, Policy acted as somewhat of a shield.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Cleveland Browns Pique Xtra-Lite Brown Polo