Plenty of offensive talent in North Carolina
Updated: June 1, 2004, 3:59 PM ETBy Tom Lemming
- Editor's note: This is Tom Lemming's first 2004 Recruiting Road Trip report. He will file every Tuesday and Friday this spring for ESPN.com. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- I had an inauspicious beginning to my North Carolina trip. I was surprised to see a few inches of snow on the ground when I landed in Charlotte, and the traffic was completely backed up for miles. However, I was even more surprised when I woke up the next morning because the temperature was close to 70, the sky was blue and there was very little wind. It was a perfect day for taking pictures and doing interviews. This trip took me to several North Carolina cities, including Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Wilmington, Jacksonville, Raleigh and Durham. After spending some time in the state, it looks to me like it's a very good year for talent in North Carolina. The state is loaded with quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers and offensive lineman.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
- Gay ND tennis player: Support overwhelming
- BYU's Mahoney tosses no-hitter vs. Nicholls St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com