Mussina, Brown reach milestone in pinstripes
Kevin Brown and Mike Mussina are just two of 27 career 200-game winners who have pitched for the Yankees.
Brown and Mussina are just two of 27 career 200-game winners who have pitched for the Yankees. Like most of the others -- and this is very surprising considering the incredible success this franchise has had over the last 80-plus years -- they did a majority of their winning for other teams. Just a little over a quarter of Mussina's 200 wins have come in pinstripes while only three of Brown's 200 wins have been as a Yankee. In fact, of those 27 pitchers, only three have gotten more than half of their career victories while playing for New York:
Whitey Ford (100%): 236 of 236
Red Ruffing (85%): 231 of 273
Waite Hoyt (66%): 157 of 237
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's New York Yankees Dri-FIT Combat Legend Navy Performance T-Shirt