Jefferson proving he can act alone
Updated: April 6, 2004, 10:46 AM ETBy By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
While Jason Kidd was out with a bruised left knee, Richard Jefferson posted a career high in assists on Sunday and a season high in rebounds the Wednesday before that while averaging 24.4 points per game on 52.7 percent shooting as the Nets clinched the Atlantic Division title.
The Nets can win their last six games of the season by 50 points each night and they would still be the second seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs.
Or they can lose every one of those games by 50 and still be the second seed.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Clips CEO: Doc wants out if Sterling stays
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job, too
- Sterling sues NBA, wife, others for damages
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Brooklyn Nets Carpet Tiles